Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
06-09-2013 03:16 PM
I've been using WebWorks in linux without any issues, but recently I moved my dev environment to Windows 8 and now I can't build my apps.
Here is the command I use, using WebWorks 188.8.131.52 (part of a Jake build) with the output:
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 184.108.40.206\third_party\node\windows\node.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 220.127.116.11\lib\bbwp.js" build/packaged-app.zip -d -o build -v
[BUILD] Populating application source
[BUILD] Parsing config.xml
[WARN] Build ID set in config.xml [version], but no signing password was provided [-g]. Bar will be unsigned
[BUILD] Generating output files
...And it hangs that last line. Always. I tried changing my Java version to 1.6 (I had 1.7), using a different node version (0.10), changing the node and java settings for compatible mode with win7.... with no luck yet.
Do someone knows how to solve this issue? I don't want to load a VM just to build apps.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-09-2013 03:28 PM
I downgraded to Win7 owing to these issues
I purchased Win8 - broke my entire build chiain
It's a pain in the A but go back to 7 as - at least - it works
06-09-2013 03:33 PM
Try installing the 64 bit version (get rid of 32)
Going from memoty, you then want to drop to a command prompt and type
Can't be positive - just trying to be helpful
06-10-2013 02:43 PM
Didn't work. I tried several versions of node in my system and also replacing the bundled one in the SDK/third_party folder, still no go.
Maybe its not node, but other tools I found in that folder: jnext, wrench, data2xml.
06-23-2013 11:00 PM
After hours of tracing the bug, I found the culprit: ansicon (https://github.com/adoxa/ansicon). Ugh.
In case someone has the same issue, just disable ansicon with:
> ansicon -u
Thats it. At the end the sdk even works with JRE 1.7 lol