Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9800 torch

WebWorks

[ Edited ]

Hi I'm Indra a beginner developer of BlackBerry WebWorks Application

Here is the scenario...

I want to building a Blackberry WebWorks (widget) that is used as a portal to a remote website. Most of the pages are remote. Last time I chat with Adam Stanley is about if I want to build an application in webworks so that my application can retrieve data from web server included with database like mysql. He told me to build an application with JSON and just using PHP in my server. Well right now I'm so desperate on how an BlackBerry application can connect to a web server (my private server not from RIM)?

If I'm not bothering you,, please give me the link to resolve my problem. And/or please give me a sample code for the client side and server side on how to communicate each other using JSON? I've search for it and google still give the java sample application not webworks application. Thank you for your time and I'm sorry if my english is look terrible.

EDIT: Split from another thread, edited title

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB OS Version 1.0.8.6067
My Carrier: Gogeco

Re: WebWorks

[ Edited ]

Indra

There are a couple of things you must do.

First - the config.xml file must enable access to your web site.

Insert a line such as below in the config.xml file

<access uri="yourwebsite.com" subdomain="true">

This enables access to your web site and the subfolders there.

Next - you must create an html file which links to your web site. It can be as simple as a standard a href link construct or more complex using cgi-bin programs such as PERL, ASP, or something similar.

Let me know how you make out.

Terry

EDIT:Edited title to match

New Developer
My Device: BlacBerry Pearl 3G
My Carrier: Virginmobile

Hi Indra,

I am beginner too, and my scenario is more or less like your scenario.

In my case I want to create an app through which my users could access the data from our server (not blackberry server).

Idea is that on my server there is oralce db and I need only 3 columns and couple of rows data from a table of this database and show on page with couple of options on the blackberry for each particular user.

If you are working on something that you beleive can help me understand my case please do let me know if you like.

Thanks,

-T

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

tcode wrote:

Hi Indra,

I am beginner too, and my scenario is more or less like your scenario.

In my case I want to create an app through which my users could access the data from our server (not blackberry server).

Idea is that on my server there is oralce db and I need only 3 columns and couple of rows data from a table of this database and show on page with couple of options on the blackberry for each particular user.

If you are working on something that you beleive can help me understand my case please do let me know if you like.

Thanks,

-T

You can using a WEB SERVICE method

For sample reference: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/How-quot-I-quot-would-call-a-web-service-from...