Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Website for BlackBerry Devices

Oh, no worries, not a waste of my time here.

If you don't know already, perhaps this clue will help you most: This is primarily a user-to-user support community. I can scroll up and see where you've been offered advice by competent users (and of course at your suggestion, I don't include myself in that group Smiley Happy ).

There are thousands of unanswered posts in this forum. At least you've gotten more attention than those.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi zeesanhahmi,

Most of the answers you seek are in the HTML guide that I referenced above.  I did a quick search in the HTML guide and found that on page 61 there is a full description of the supported meta tags and what they do.

What and how you want to display your content will determine which meta tags you may or may not want to use (do you want zooming, set your initial scale, etc)

The advice given by others was quite good.  Determine the type of device and its capabilities via the meta tags, headers etc and generate your content from the server to match the capabilities of the device.  Use percentages and calculated relative positions to best fit the screen of the target device viewing your page.

These would be the same techniques used for targeting different versions of IE, Firefox etc. as well as targeting your content to desired screen sizes like 640x480, 1024x768 etc.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Another good source for information are the Developer Videos that can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/videolibrary.jsp#tab_tab_browser

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter