Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BB 4 and BB 5.0
My Carrier: BB Curve
Accepted Solution

Webwork for BB Smartphones

Hi! I am developing a Web App using html5, can i register it on App store to be used for smartphones and tablets?

thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Webwork for BB Smartphones

Yes.. You can use the WebWorks SDK for PlayBook and/or Smartphones to package up your application and distribute it on App World

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

thanks for your reply, I am a php developer and new to html5, as the web app would be pakaged and stored on App store, how can It interact with our server to get the dynamic data from the server?

thanks alot

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

The cool thing about WebWorks apps is that you don't have the cross origin restriction for AJAX calls.  You do need to whitelist the domains that you want to access in the config.xml file for an app.

You can then package up some of your pages to be part of the installed application, but then also link in JavaScript or other pages from your remote website.  You can almost think of it as distributing your website over two servers.

Locally packaged pages are running on a virtual local web server and your remote pages on another.  You can even link back to your local pages from your remote pages by using the local:/// protocol that starts from the root of the local WebWorks packaged content.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

thanks alot, you saved my time.