Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Webworks application crashes/closes after splashscreen

Hi,

I have a Webworks application and it runs fine on the Playbook simulator, but when I run it on the actual device, I see the splashscreen appear and then it closes and I return to the "All" section.

First, has anyone ever encountered such behavior ?  If so, any ideas on how to fix this ?

Second, does anyone know how to locate any log files (if they exist) on the Playbook device ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Webworks application crashes/closes after splashscreen

I am experiencing this same result on certain simulators...Runs fine on my 9700 OS6 device, runs fine on the 9900 7.0.0.540, Crashes on 9800 6.0.0.337, stops execution on 9800 6.0.0.668 after I try and connect to the database....I have confirmed my api/permissions are supported for OS6/7, and my javascript is clean and error free....

New Contributor
My Device: 1
My Carrier: 2

Hi, I have a similar problem with a webworks app on various handsets (so far all of these are marked "evaluation unit" on the back, not sure if that is significant). One handset that has this problem reports the version as 6.0.0.141. I've put diagnostic alerts in my initialisation code and they all display before the app closes so it seems to be when it tries to render the first screen that the problem occurs. The app is running fine on other handsets. Cheers Sab
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

I tracked down one of my issues, it solved crashing on the 9800 OS6.0.0.337 but not on the .688 9800. It was when I was initalising the trap for the back key...didn't seem to like it to early in my main initilisation, so I put it at the end and that solved one device crashing. Still no idea why the 9800 hangs on the database initalisation phase...it works on every other os6/7 device I've tested.
New Contributor
My Device: 1
My Carrier: 2

Cool ta! I'm also trapping the back key so that might be one of my issues. I'll move it further down the initialisation and see if it makes a difference.
New Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

Hi, my webworks app also crashing as soon as splashscreen finished loading.

I've tried to disabled hardware key trapping functions, but - no luck.