Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: Fido

Webworks push notification clarification.

I apologize if this question seems silly, this is my first time developing for blackberry and working with push notifications.

I’m trying to develop a webworks app for a client using a 9900 Bold (with no SIM card), but I’m having problems getting the push notification to work.

I used the sample code found herebut I’m getting the message: “The registration is already initiated for your application. Check the current status”. I already have a registered push service evaluation account and have an “active” status.

According to this fourm post I need to have a “BIS service plan/BIS enabled SIM/blackberry plan”.

Is this just a regular SIM card you get from a carrier? Can someone clarify what it is I need. I plan on testing this app on a friends phone, but would just like some clarification first.

Also, once I get this to work (hopefully), I know I have to register my app in production mode for distribution (currently in evaluation mode), However,  the app I’m developing will only be privately distributed to my client and his workers and will not go on Blackberry World. Do I still need to register my app for production? Can I not keep it in evaluation mode?