Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

What is the correct process for building webworks + cordova apps with ripple?

Hello,  I'm developing an app targeting os6 and 7 devices using phonegap and testing via the ripple emulator. The emulator seems to lack the package for blackberry option while in apache cordova mode. Switching to the webworks mode brings up the option. However, the deviceready event that cordova expects isn't fired in this mode. Hence, apps depending on the deviceready event don't start.

Is there something I'm missing?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What is the correct process for building webworks + cordova apps with ripple?

WebWorks and Cordova are two separate web platforms.

When in WebWorks mode, you will be able to emulate WebWorks APIs and tie into the WebWorks SDK to package/sign your HTML5 content into a BlackBerry application.

When in Cordova mode, you will be able to emulate Cordova APIs (including deviceready), however there is no integration with the Cordova SDK for the actual packaging process. You will need to follow the Cordova documentation for packaging and signing.
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.1.0/guide_platforms_index.md.html#Platform%20Guides

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN

Re: What is the correct process for building webworks + cordova apps with ripple?

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I presumed there was a way to combine cordova and webworks from ripple. I'll follow the cordova process and see what happens.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: mtn

That wud b better, I guess ure well grounded with phonegap, y don't u just build n test on ur device