Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

What is the maximum size for a Widget?

Hello,

I am trying to compile the entire YUI library. It first broke with the following error, however we got it working with using the bbwp /s flag. In all it's about 10 MiB.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager>bbwp web\10-datat
able.zip
[INFO]          Parsing option parameters
[INFO]          Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]          Validating zip archive
[WARNING]       No <feature> elements specified in config.xml
[INFO]          Widget packaging starts...
[INFO]          Populating source codes...
[INFO]          Start compiling and building...
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""C:\Program" (in directory "C:\DOCUME~1
\cucipa\LOCALS~1\Temp\widgetGen.820642651257806170520.tmp"): CreateProcess error
=87, The parameter is incorrect
[ERROR]         Error happened when running rapc.exe!

Then, when I try to load the library into the simulator it doesn't load. No error, no messages, no debug information. I don't see an icon appearing in the Downloads folder of the 9500 series simulator. However, when I compile the same example, a datatable client side JS sort snippet, loading it with only the necessary YUI files (6 of them) it works fine. It fails when I attempt to load all the files.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

Thank you,

Paul

Developer

Re: What is the maximum size for a Widget?

Try combining the YUI files into one. I've run into problems before where CreateProcess fails if the command line it's passed is too long. I think it has a 32k limit which you can blow easily if the command contains the full path and filename of ~100 files.

Highlighted
New Developer

Re: What is the maximum size for a Widget?

Works for me.

Thanks a tonne :-)

Cheers,

Gaurav