Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: BB torch 9800
My Carrier: BB
Accepted Solution

What is the required SDK to generate .COD files

Hi everyone,

I Have installed BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK,using which I am unable to generate .cod file could you guys please let me know that,do I need to download Blackberry WebWorks Packager,and if so plz provide me a link to download that one.
I have downloaded BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK using the following link
There is no Blackberry Webworks Packager in C:\Program Files\Research in Motion, folder.
Please help 

My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What is the required SDK to generate .COD files

The BlackBerry 10 platform doesn't use .cod files, it uses .bar files. So the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK builds those. If you want to build .cod files for the BBOS Java Platform, you'll need the older tools. If you go to the BlackBerry developer site you'll see a series of platform icons along the bottom of the black banner. The BlackBerry OS one takes you to another selection where you can choose HTML5, Java, or Theme Studio. I'm including that description because there's documentation and other resources specific to those platforms there as well. You'll want to know how to get there.

You can download the tools for BBOS here: https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/download/

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead