Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

When going to Edit Contact: cannot add picture on ' Dev Alpha C' toast says "target not found"

How to fix?

when I select an image on device or media card the toast says "target not found"

OS 10.1.0.1485

Developer

Re: When going to Edit Contact: cannot add picture on ' Dev Alpha C' toast says "target not found"

DV_C_TOAST.png

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: When going to Edit Contact: cannot add picture on ' Dev Alpha C' toast says "target not found"

Make sure that the photo is saved to a location where your application has permission  to access it.

If your application is running in the Personal perimiter of the BlackBerry 10 OS, and the image has been saved in the Work perimiter, I expect you won't be able to use it.  Suggest unlock the work perimiter before trying this again.

Can you share any more details about how you are invoking the file picker (code snippet)? 

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Adam,

that is trying to add an image to the contacts program that comes with the device.dev alpha C

I see it is a known issue with device...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi usr501, any chance you have a link to the issue? Would be great to have it documented here as the solution for others to refer to if it comes up / track the progress.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer

Erik,

This occurs on my DAC OS.

selecting edit ..to any contact in the device's contacts app.

as well, the phone does not ring when call is incoming.  Audio on phone works otherwise.