01-08-2013 11:11 AM
I've been creating a webworks application using bbUI.js for UI awesomeness. While using visual studio to create the application and testing with Ripple, all has been well and has allowed me to test.
However, when I load the application on the dev alpha (debug token and all), and try to launch, I get a blank screen. What is more odd when I try to open web inspector I see nothing being loaded for network and all I see is the basic HTML code.
I've tried to deploy two seperate applications with no success.
Is there a something I can do to try to test/narrow down this issue?
Are there any gotchas? When I do a bar build with bbwp, I just get info statements with some warning about features in my config.xml not currently used yet.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-08-2013 11:29 AM
Try putting an alert() right at the beginning of your code then deploy to the Dev Alpha. When the alert shows on the Dev Alpha screen run the remote web inspector. Once web inspector is running click on the alert to dismiss it. The web inspector should then show any issues in the console.
I find that without the alert at the beginning, the web inspector can miss the first few seconds of app execution and thus not display any errors that occur right at the beginning. I had a similar issue and the above procedure helped me ferret out the offending code that was causing the problem
01-08-2013 09:31 PM - edited 01-08-2013 09:42 PM
Nope no luck.
I put an alert before the bb.init() and after also, and still do not get any alerts. I can confirm they fire in ripple however.
But for the dev alpha device, no luck.
EDIT: I do notice under resources, my images folder does not show up like in the bbUI.js samples project.
01-09-2013 09:59 AM
Check that the value of your content element in config.xml is correct. Make sure you're building with the Gold SDK and referencing webworks as local://chrome/webworks.js.
01-16-2013 11:42 PM
Most likely the config.xml was incorrect. While I couldn't get my own to work, I copied and modified the bbUI.js config.xml and got that one to work.
My application now loads into the Dev Alpha. Thanks for the help!