Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Why doesn't the BlackBerry have a cookie save feature?

I have the new BlackBerry Bold 9930 now and they seem to have made a lot of improvements but it seems that the browser is still lacking.  I am willing to pay whatever it takes, is it possible for someone to create an app that allows you to save some of your cookies?  I have no idea why this isn't a built in feature already or why there are no apps for it...  When I browse random sites it dumps all kind of cookies in my Blackberry.  If I clear them out, I also remove ALL of the cookies I want to keep. 

I wish there was a feature like CCleaner with a PC that allows you to select which cookies to save, that way I can delete all of the junk and keep the cookies I want.  It is also frustrating for me as I am a successful web developer who has won awards for my scripts and I have created so many great features easily and yet these guys slack off.  I should study this language as well I would probably create 50 of my own bug free popular apps like I have done with my current scripts.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Why doesn't the BlackBerry have a cookie save feature?

I dont know your apps or their purpose hence my suggestion could be meaningless, but in my world I would not use cookies for anything that wasnt temporary to start with. Have you looked into alternate ways of storing your data? SQL lite, filestorage, local storage, persistent store?

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Why doesn't the BlackBerry have a cookie save feature?

I am referring to all of the sites that use cookies to save my login information.  I am a member of a lot of different sites that save my cookies so when I return I do not have to login every single time.