Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: A1

Widget Camera Feature

Hey guys,

i am currently developing a web application where i need to upload a picture to a user's contact information.

The workflow should be:

1. User is in widget browser on the website.

2. Camera is invoked.

3. ProfileId is submitted when invoking the camera.

4. User takes picture, which is after verification immediatly uploaded to the corresponding contact displayed on the web page with http post request eg...

I have already written javascript extensions for gps, phonescreen and so on. Everything fine.

There is no possibility from the widget to invoke the camera app with further arguments or settings.

The problem is if I try to invoke a FilePicker or other UI stuff the event thread is blocking me of course.

I don't want to work with a file listener on a folder or file extension because then there would be always user interaction when taking a photo.

Has anyone experience in taking a photo on the website within a simple workflow as described above?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best

Gerald

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Widget Camera Feature

Hello everyone.

I think I have the same problem.

When you take a picture the widget don't know where the photo is saved, it requires user interaction in order to "use" the photo (sent by email, for example).

Can anyone help with this?.  It´s very important, please.

Thanks, regards.