03-12-2010 04:21 AM
Went through the archives, and found the issue/bug regarding XMLHttpRequests and authorization headers not working. I've been working on a widget that pulls twitter feeds, and it seems to work for me, most of the time using:
var auth = Base64.encode(user + ':' + pswd);
request.setRequestHeader("Authorization","Basic " + auth);
75% of the time this works. the other 25% of the time, the connection times out. sometimes i will have partial data in request.responseText, sometimes none. and even if i do get all of the data, when i update the page, sometimes not all of the graphics are loaded. (lots of little x's )
Using: Widget SDK 1.0 beta3, Windows XP SP3 with the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator v126.96.36.199. (model:9500)
03-12-2010 09:30 AM
I dont think the problem is solved with the Widget SDK Beta 3, but rather in the platfom OS you are using in the simulator. I am using Beta 3 and the Widget can still not set the Authorization header in the xmlhttp request. Verified on physical device BlackBerry 9700 v188.8.131.521.
So be aware your Widget will probably not work on most BlackBerry 5.0 devices out there...
There is an issue (#WEBAPI-21) reported to RIM on this, but still not flagged as solved. Or has anyone seen an official OS release solving this problem?
03-12-2010 02:12 PM
> Verified on physical device BlackBerry 9700 v184.108.40.2061.
tried to install this simulator, to check, but i get an "internal error" "Access violation writing to 0x000000008" when running the simulator... i seem to get that with a lot of the simulators, actually...