Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Zxing errors

Hi All,

I have followd the below link to create phonegap qr code project.

https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/BlackBerry/BarcodeScanner

But while compiling, I am getting 51 errors. Followed the same steps and project is for os version 6.0

Some errors for reference below

:\Users\saranya\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.15083911241330059598919.tmp\extension\phonegap.1.3.0\com\phonegap\plugins\barcodescanner\Scanner.java:162: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable BarcodeFormat
location: class com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner.Scanner.FormatBarcodeDecoder
            if (format == BarcodeFormat.DATAMATRIX) {
                          ^

C:\Users\saranya\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.15083911241330059598919.tmp\extension\phonegap.1.3.0\com\phonegap\plugins\barcodescanner\Encoder.java:25: package BarcodeFormat does not exist
    static String QR_CODE = BarcodeFormat.QR_CODE.toString();

:\Users\saranya\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.15083911241330059598919.tmp\extension\phonegap.1.3.0\com\phonegap\plugins\barcodescanner\Encoder.java:45: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable EncodeHintType
        hints.put(EncodeHintType.CHARACTER_SET, "UTF-8");

Pls help in this regard.

Thanks in advance,

Saranya

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Zxing errors

It seems to me like you have some missing dependencies and/or syntax errors.  Check to make sure your Java code is correct and recompile?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.