Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

application cresh when using touchscreen keyboard

Hi

I have application which has html page say login page but when i am trying to type somthing using touchpad keyborad the application is getting cresh.

Please share idea to solve this

Thanks

J1M321

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: application cresh when using touchscreen keyboard

Sorry, we are all just guessing if you do not share full details on the exact circumstances of your problem, and what you are seeing when your program "crashes".

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

hey peter

as i mentioned that . i  have application in which i have login page which has browser.what happening is when i typing text into the textbox using touchscreen keyboard. that time my application is getting close. but the same is not happening when i am using keypad device. pls if u r not still understanding pls tell me.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

We got that bit.  But that still gives us very little to go on.

Speaking for myself, if I have to guess, then typically I am not gonig to ty to help, because I might be guessing completely wrong and so make you do loads of work that you don't have to do. 

The more information you give us, the more chance we have of being able to help. 

Here are some of the questions I think you should be answering when you describe your problem.

What sort of application is it?  You say your application gets closed, but last time you said it crashed - which do you mean?  When you say closed, does it go through your close processing or does it just disappear as far as you are concerned?  Have you looked at the log?  Does this happen on Simulator or device or both. What OS levels are you using to test and develop on?  Have you debugged this to see what is happening? 

Think about the problem from our perspective.  You need the help, you need to put the effort in. 

Just one thing, is this actually a Java application?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Multiple
My Carrier: Multiple

The problem is a bug implementing -webkit-user-select on the Blackberry Browserfield Webkit. It simply closes the app when the input field has a -webkit-user-select set as "none" and then reset as "initial" in the same css class.

So when the page is opened in the browserfield, and virtual keyboard with helping dictionary on, it crashes on typing 3rd or 4th alphabet depending on your speed of typing.

I guess the issue is coming because, the dictionary bit tries to highlight the text in the input box while typing.

This crash will not happen if you type 1 alphabet, 1 special/number alternately.