Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: t-mobile

autocomplete="off" not working on a Torch 9860

Does anyone know how to disable the suggestions that appear when you type into an input element of type text? I would have expected <input id="user" type="text" autocomplete="off" class="textinput"> to work, it doesn't. 

Dave.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: autocomplete="off" not working on a Torch 9860

Hello Dave,

Do you mean the suggestions on the Virtual Keyboard? If so, this is a personal preference (i.e. OS setting) and won't be able to be disabled.

If it is a JavaScript autocomplete implementation, you may be able to though. Any chance you could put up a screenshot of the autocomplete you are referring to to clear this up?

The autocomplete="off" feature would be more related to the field's own autocomplete as opposed to the Virtual Keyboard. This attribute is supported on BlackBerry Smartphones (6.0+) and the BlackBerry PlayBook (1.0+):

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/26991/HTML_attributes_organizer_60_1250002_11....

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.