Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Developer

bbUI.js viewport scale too big on BB10 dev alpha after upgrading

Hi, we upgraded today the BB10 dev alpha to the most recent firmware release (OS 10.0.9.1103), and installed the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.3.8.

Our application still looks good on Ripple Emulator, but on device we see everything very big.

We tried to use either bbUI-0.9.4 or bbUI-0.9.5 and the outcome is the same on the BB10 dev alpha.

It seems like a problem of viewport scale, so we also tried to hack bbUI.js to set a different initial-scale (the original is set to 0.4456824323103782), or to set a target-densitydpi, but the problem is still there.

We also tried to edit bbUI css to se a different font-size. This works, but we have to find the proper size for each class, which is a very difficult job.

Is there a bug on BB10 dev alpha firmware? Is there something else we could try?

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bbUI.js viewport scale too big on BB10 dev alpha after upgrading

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Developer

I had already read all these pages, and I tried all of the things they suggest. Sadly none of those tricks work for me on  the BB10 Dev Alpha after upgrading the OS. Moreover, bbUI.js already inserts the meta tag for me, stating that:

... initial-scale='+ (1/window.devicePixelRatio)  ...

I recently discovered that after I rotate the device, the scale is correct. So I first start on portrait orientation and the scale is too big, then I rotate the device to landscape orientation and after that I see the correct scale, even when I rotate the device again to portrait orientation.

It seems to me that maybe the script inserts the meta tag too late, or the device tries to read it too early.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: airtel

Have you resolved..? me too getting the same problem..

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: airtel

Re: (Solved) bbUI.js viewport scale too big on BB10 dev alpha after upgrading

Just found.. this solution resolved...

find here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/How-to-set-up-the-viewport-for-a...

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: (Solved) bbUI.js viewport scale too big on BB10 dev alpha after upgrading

With BBUI, you don't have to specify a viewport at all.  With v0.9.5 it will automatically add the proper viewport based on the OS that you're running.  This may have even been in v0.9.4

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter