Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: someone

blackberry proxy not honoring the If-Modified-Since XMLHTTPRequest header

Hello,

I suspect there's an issue with web access using a blackberry and my web application using the If-Modified-Since XMLHTTPRequest header.

In a simplyfied example, my application gets a file using a javascript XMLHTTPRequest.

It looks at the "Last-Modified" response header and uses this as "If-Modified-Since" for following requests.

On a PC browser with no proxies, the first request returns a 200 status while the following ones return a 304 (not modified) status as expecetd (the target file of the example does not change, if I manually change it then the 200 status is properly returned).

On my blackberry browser (BB990 with enterprise server) every request returns a 200 code, it looks like the If-Modified-Since header is not honored.

Example page (just click on submit a couple of time and see the received headers):

http://pgn4web-backup.casaschi.net/t.html

Any idea why the blackberry behaves diferently and how to force it to honour the If-Modified-Since header?

Thanks in advance.