Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

build and sign blackberry widget project

I am currently using the Blackberry Widget SDK 3. In Eclipse, I can right click on the project and choose "Build and Sign BlackBerry Wdiget Project," but I receive the following error:

BUILDING Toolbox

cmd.exe /c bbwp P:\BlackBerry\SalesToolbox\build\Toolbox.zip /o P:/BlackBerry/Toolbox/build /g "***pw**"

[INFO] Parsing option parameters

[ERROR] Registration key not found!

BUILD EXITED WITH 1 ERROR

I believe the problem is my Eclipse is not configured with the SignatureTool.jar and my key file.  The question is how can go about doing that? Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: build and sign blackberry widget project

Hello, that's a very good question.

As part of installing the BlackBerry Web-Plugin for Eclipse, a help document named named "BlackBerry Web Plug-in Development Guide" was also installed.  This document can be found by opening the "Help Contents" menu item from the Help toolbar menu.

Included in this help document is a section titled "Signing BlackBerry Widget application .cod files", which will details how to configure the BlackBerry Widget Packager to work with the Signature tool to sign  your widget applications.

Quick summary of this process:

1. Register for RIM code signing key(s)
  2. From the command prompt, navigate to the following folder of where Eclipse was installed: plugins/net.rim.browser.tools.bbwp/bbwp/bin
  3. Install  the key(s) using the following command (listing full path of CSI file): "java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path>"

Please refer to the above mentioned help documentation for complete step-by-step details on how to install your code signing keys in Eclipse.

Sincerely,

Adam

plugins/net.rim.browser.tools.bbwp/bbwp/bin
Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

if you have existing keys from any Java development you may have done, you can simply copy and paste "sigtool.csk", "sigtool.db", and "sigtool.set" from you JDE bin folder to your widget bin folder and then compile your widget.

bbwp widget.zip /g "your password"

My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi i have installed in my computer JDE and Widget Plugin for Eclipse.

By mistake i installed the RBB key in the JDE and RCR, RRT keys in the Widget Plugin For Eclipse.

I tried to sign the .codfile first with the Eclipse and then with the JDE using java -jar SignatureTool.jar in order to apply the 3 keys that have different private key.

But when i install the .cod in a device it's says Module "module_name" has verification error 190 at offset 06b9 (codfile version 78).

Any help?

Regards