04-04-2013 03:58 PM
>Ley me know (quickly) if you prefer the device or the batch sile
Decoded your message. Decided on the device :-)
04-05-2013 04:23 AM
04-05-2013 05:02 AM
I'm writing the full version HOWTO right now
Just taking a break after doing the basics
I've mailed you the skinny so far
I'm thinking of dropping the Cordova and Playbook stuff out as it complicates things
You have the full dev build stuff I use personally
I said I'd get your answer for noon GMT - watch this space (and your email)
04-05-2013 05:17 AM
Just got the basic working for build, pack and deploy. Just keep the project folder clean and only containing stuff that are needed and keep the "out" folder somewhere else. Then you can pass the projectfolder to the build and skip the "zip" part
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)"
cd "Research In Motion"
cd "BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 184.108.40.206"
bbwp D:\Webworks2\Mobisma\ -o D:\webworks2\MobismaOut\out
04-05-2013 05:39 AM
I've taken a slightly different approach.
Each project has its own variables bat file, calling a main script located at the root of the projects folder.
The main script has routines which will compile, upload, etc. and understands arguments such as debug, build#, etc
:: Compile and sign
ECHO Compiling and signing .bar
%SDKPATH%\third_party\node\windows\node.exe %SDKPATH%\lib\bbwp.js %PRODUCTION_FOLDER%\%appname%.zip -g %p12% -buildId %buildid% -o %PACKAGED_FOLDER%
The variable file contains static variables and prepares all the arguments to be passed to the main script.
That way you keep your SDK clean.
04-05-2013 03:13 PM - edited 04-05-2013 03:15 PM
I created a few scripts that package and then deploy my app to the phone.
If you put the code into a file called .bash_profile then at any time you can just type in(on terminal)
testBB - this will make a debug version and deploy to device.
signBB - this will make a release version and deploy to device
alias testBB='cd ~/../../Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 220.127.116.11; ./bbwp /Users/philipkirkbride/myapp/Archive.zip -d; cd dependencies/tools/bin; ./blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package "/Users/philipkirkbride/myapp/device/Archive.bar" -password pass'
alias signBB='cd ~/../../Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 18.104.22.168; ./bbwp /Users/philipkirkbride/myapp/Archive.zip -g 111222333; cd dependencies/tools/bin; ./blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package "/Users/philipkirkbride/myapp/device/Archive.bar" -password pass'
Certain parts need to be modified for your set up.
~/../../Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 22.214.171.124
change to your SDK location.
Change this to what ever location your apps are deployed to.
04-05-2013 03:16 PM
04-05-2013 03:29 PM
I'm still writing the damned stuff
You get it when I finish and test it
No disucion i do this without expectation of any payback
You've upset me now
04-05-2013 03:38 PM
Ta for the pointer Phil
Ingvar - Phil is another friend if mine so I trust wht he tells me
As such, you can trust Phil the same way you trust me
04-05-2013 04:28 PM
OK all you guys.
Ant. Probably an excellent tool. At my current level its an overkill. I will consider it when I have reached a state where I might have to maintain more than version of my app. Currently the development, or rather, porting of the app from OS 5 to OS 10 is figuring out how to get code that perform the basic functions in the app. Things like get down a zip file from a server, maintain contacts, keep track of geoposition, Send DTMF tones to a pbx and a bunch of other functions. I started out with Ripple and got some functionality working. And then I had to give up on Ripple since it did not support "Contacts". Move over to VMWare simulator. Had a terrible experience with that. Something to do with graphic cards is the current excuse from RIM. Got it working on my laptop so I have to work on that one. Had to install a second W7 on it (English) to get it working properly. And the "Contacts"" code still does not work.
Tried 3 different variation on adding a contact but none works. Unjzip does not work, at least not on the simulator even if my good friend "pearbox" had it generated for "simulator".
So. Its like rebuilding a 70 or 80 US car which is a hobby of mine. I am struggling with getting the engine, gearbox and rear axle to work together. Steering, brakes, upholstery, fine tuning of the TPI comes much later.
Since I cannot use Ripple I wanted a way to compile with having to run Ripple. And with some help I found it.