Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

channel push problem

I am trying the push technology on browser development. I would like to ask whether I can use the channel-push with customized alert sound? Thanks.

Andy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: channel push problem

hello,

as far as I know you can make a notification (vibrate and/or ring) for some events : phone calls, sms/mms, email, and so on.
you can make sound for a browser alert.

but the Push technology is not part of these alerts.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. I know we can use browser alert to notify the user there has a channel push. To get this notification, I need to go to Options -> Browser Push -> and set other messages Process MDS to "Prompt". However, there must have a dialog box to prompt with an alert sound for push notification. Any way to skip this prompt dialog and the alert sound still notify the user?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

End user's can set the type of notification they want when a browser push arrives.  This is done within their profiles where they can have the BlackBerry handheld ring, vibrate, etc when a push arrives.  To modify this, select the Profiles application, choose Advanced, select the profile you want to edit and then select Browser to change your notification setting.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker