Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Not Specified

client server application

I was just wondering thta how we can decide that to develop application on BB 10 which method to use. I am confused where to use NDK..where to use Webworks sdk and where to use Adobe AIR SDK... where to use casecades development.

for an example, i have an application which was developed in previous bb os versions like BB 7. it involves complex client server interaction with download and upload functionality which uses Httpsecure connection and http multipartconnection. Please suggest if i am going to develop this application on BB 10 then should i develop in BB 10 NDK or BB 10 webworks sdk or BB 10 Adobe AIR SDK or casecading development ?

My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: client server application

Do not know how your BB7 app was written. Using WebWorks SDK? If so and if all the API used are already available for BB10 it might be good to use WebWorks in the way of reusing the underlying implementation already available in your BB7 app like eg. HTML, CSS, JavaScript.

For your quesion about file upload and download, the FileTransfer API is already available for BB10. I'm not aware what you want to do with the multipart connection. For the FileTransfer API using upload functionality you can define a chunkedMode and also a chunkSize to use a chunked streaming mode for your uploads.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.