Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 8120
My Carrier: sdfgdfg df

customize save webpage

Hi all.....

I am using BlackBerry Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.1

I have requirement like ..

I should have  icon on home screen of BB  and on clicking that icon i wil see two tabs(or menu), First tab launches the blackberry browser which displays listing of all available web forms on website (forms ilke registration form, enquiry form, etc) And  second tab should disply all the forms(i mean web page) which user saved to blackberry..

To do this i hav created small application and on the first menu i launched bb browser  its working perfectly..

But the problem is with second menu (In which i have to disply locally stored pages).. When user saves the webpage (By  options in bb browser ) it by default saves in messages list .... Is it possible to customize it..?

Please help me out how to disply saved pages in my application....

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: customize save webpage

Hi there,  how would you want to customize the behaviour you've described?  Where would you like the web page content to be saved?

The default beahviour ot the "Save Page" feature of the native browser application (found within the menu when a web page has been loaded) cannot be changed.  Invoking this action will cache a copy of the web page content that can be accessed offline.  As you've described, a link to this content is added as a new item in the messages application.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: customize save webpage

Hi All,

how to save a web page in blackberry?

Please help,as this is very urgent to my project.

I tried with saving as rawHTML.but it doesnt display images when loaded html offline.

But i need images also,same thing as "save page" feature of native blackberry browser.

Please reply

Thanks

Kavitha