Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: don't have one
My Carrier: don't have one

default code, two errors

Hello all.

I just downloaded the Web Development with Eclipse package. Ganymede, Version 3.4.1.

I created a new Blackberry Widget Project, named it "HelloWorld" and set the default document to index.html. That is all I have done.

In the Problems window, I'm receiving two error messages:

Description Resource Path Location Type
No grammar constraints (DTD or XML schema) detected for the document. config.xml HelloWorld line 1 XML Problem

and...

Description Resource Path Location Type Undefined attribute name (id). index.html HelloWorld line 5 HTML Problem

Quickly losing confidence... any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: default code, two errors

Are these "errors" that you are getting and the project does not build? or are they warnings because there are no schema's defined for the config.xml or the html page you are using?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: don't have one
My Carrier: don't have one

Re: default code, two errors

Thanks tneil.

I can actually run the page in the simulator. In regards to the config.xml file, I see no options for editing the DTD except by right-clicking and editing with Text Editor. It really is the out of the box setting here as I just installed Eclipse and made no changes to the program's options. Perhaps there is a way of telling Eclipse to ignore these warnings if they don't impact the project? Thanks...