Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

globalCompositeOperation

[ Edited ]

In Canvas context on 7.1 9860 phone I found that xor operation looks to be unsupported (it is inefective), where can I find list of supported operations? Is there any other way to natively (without own pixel mixing) simulate xor?

[EDIT]

I have found this demo of all operations:

https://developer.mozilla.org/samples/canvas-tutorial/6_1_canvas_composite.html

And almost none of them is supported, it looks like there is some issue with 'source' part of equation.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: globalCompositeOperation

We don't have detailed documentation for these elements, so these types of tests are a good resource to see what is supported.

I'm not sure of an alternative to suggest unfortunately. However, all these methods are supported properly on PlayBook and BlackBerry 10.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: globalCompositeOperation

I have made more search on this subject and found that even with support of xor I would be unable to have 24 frames per second of animation on canvas (it is way to slow to put more than one image on canvas).

I'm using image data to pre-buffer frames and display them using putImageData, which is reasonably slow, but can give me requested framerate. I have also found crazy way to overcome 7MB data per app limit, but this comment is too short to describe it.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications