Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: docomo

google map api not working in bold

Hello everyone,

We are doing an application where we need to get lat-long values of a paticular area so we are using google maps api which will return a json with all lat long values.It is working fine in browser but when we deployed in blackberry bold web container it is giving an error 302.So we checked in blackberry bold browser with that link, it is giving the json file.We are not able to understand the problem.Does we need to configure something on my device so that my app can use google maps api????

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: google map api not working in bold

Are you referring to an HTTP error 302?  If so that means the images have been moved.  I suspect this means they are being downloaded from a different domain.  The HTTP response you get back from Google's server will indicate what new domain it will try to download the resources ( can be seen using Web Inspector).

To resolve this, I'd suggest confirming that you whitelist all of the domains you need to in the config.xml file.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor

Hello adam,

Thanks for the solution.But now we are facing some new issue with google maps api in bb (bold 9900 os 7.0 )webcontainer.Whenever we zoom the map, after sometime it is showing that memory is low some applications need to close and the application is automatically closed.

Does BB 7.0 os browser supports google maps api????????if yes how much efficiently we can use?????

Developer
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: TMN

Hi!
Any specific reason why you need google maps?
You can use the BB Maps extension to get a lat long of a location in the map.
Nuno
New Contributor

The main issues with bb maps are:

1)As we are working in India,bb maps doesn't work in India.It will show latlng values but map will not be displayed.

2)BB maps are not so user friendly.I mean to say actually i need to navigate to some other page after clicking on popup window(which is displayed when we click on puspin icon) but in BB maps we dont have such option.

Because of those two major problems we are using google maps.But in this we are having lot of memory issues.If u can suggest me any solution to second issue i can use BB maps.

Developer
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: TMN

I did not know bb maps didn't work in India Smiley Sad
The extension works like this:
1 - you call the bbmaps extension (optionally indicating the starting point with lat long)
2 - the user zooms/pans to the desired location
3 - user presses the back button to close the map and enter a specific callback function which has lat long has arguments.

will it work for you?

cheers
Nuno
New Contributor

Yep we got the solution.Thanks a lot for ur reply.