Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

how to access blackberry features available in widget in my aspx pages (via javascript)

Just couple of small questions:

1.how can i use my blackberry features available in widget (seen through config file) like blackberry.io. file .. etc in my aspx pages (via javascript) if i navigate to aspx pages from html pages?

2.is there is any way that i can make UI using plug-in in VS2008 and use that UI in java console or make rest of my blackberry app in JAVA??

Thanks in Advance

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: how to access blackberry features available in widget in my aspx pages (via javascript)

Hello,

You do this by whitelisting the domain of your webpage, and then whitelisting the JavaScript APIs (features) against that domain.

For example, in the following screenshot both the local and rim.com domains are whitelisted.   Each of these domains have their own set of JavaScript API features whitelisted against them.  In this example, any content loaded by pages under the www.rim.com domain will have access to the "blackberry.identity" and "blackberry.identity.phone" features while pages loaded locally (i.e. embedded into the application) have access to "blackberry.app" and "blackbery.app.event":

webworks_config_permissions.png

Hope that helps,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.