Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

how to connect to a no internet server (only on lan).

Hi all,

I'm developing a web app for BB and my dev server which is only visible on my private network (LAN). My BB is connect via wifi of my network (with DHCP, so all network datas are correct), but I am not able to connect to my web app (on dev server)... Using DNS name I've got a HTTP 504, using direct IP address I've got a "Time Out Excedeed". Little precision : I use the native BB Browser without any specific configuration and exaclty the same network config with an other smartiPhone Smiley Wink works fine.

Do anyone see the problem ?

Thanks by advence.

//Matt.

New Developer

Re: how to connect to a no internet server (only on lan).

I have the same problem....works at beggining but somthing happened and error 504 appear

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you changed your Browser settings to be the HotSpot browser?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

I'm a little confused, Tim.  This page:

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-9000-smartphone-discussion/2552-wi-fi-enhanceme...

states that the BB will automatically select the hotspot browser when a non-routable address is requested.  Could you please clarify?  Can the internet browser not automatically figure out how to get to addresses on the local subnet through wifi?  Must it be switched manually?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the passage on that page:

Automatic Hotspot Browser selection

The BlackBerry smartphone automatically selects the Hotspot Browser whenever the BlackBerry smartphone user attempts to access a non-routable Internet Protocol (IP) address. These addresses are widely used in private networks such as those operated by hotspot service providers, home networks, and enterprise local area networks. A non-routable IP address falls in the following ranges:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255