Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE,Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: China Mobile
Accepted Solution

how to enable WEBKIT_SELECTION_SUPPORTED in manifest file?

WEBKIT_CONTEXT_MENU_SUPPORTED=false

WEBKIT_SELECTION_SUPPORTED=false

I need to set these 2 options to true to enable text-selection in my webworks app,

user should be able to select and share text to other app like twitter/bbm/channels

how could I set them to true in webworks 2.0?

BlackBerry Cascades / WebWorks developer, Vendor name: anpho
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: how to enable WEBKIT_SELECTION_SUPPORTED in manifest file?

Is this related to PlayBook? I haven't been able to find this is any of my projects, however I did find this guide online which sounds like it's addressing your issue:
http://mirkoagrati.blogspot.ca/2012_11_01_archive.html

Does that work for you?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer

no.

I want to add this feature to my app:

user can select text from within <div> , after selected, user can choose to copy/share these text.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Ah, did this resolve your issue?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/About-Enabling-Text-Selection-in...

(I realize you posted that one, I just want to ensure it's addressing this issue.)

In general, text selection / context menu actions should be enabled by default. Depending on the app, additional CSS may be needed, but testing just now in a plain <div> with text sample, text selection was available for me without any changes.

There is a similar article to the one I posted before, specifically for BlackBerry 10:
http://mirkoagrati.blogspot.ca/2013/02/webworks-BB10-how-to-enable-paste-and-copy.html

By importing the com.blackberry.ui.contextmenu plugin, I could see that the various context menu actions are enabled by default.

If you have a sample of an index.html that doesn't allow text selection by default, I'd be curious to give it a look.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer

Yep,solved.

If you use bbui.js you'll need this.I've found all my bbui.js app can't select text after long-tap.

images can ,though.