Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues
Accepted Solution

html5 database: where is it physically stored?

Hello,

I'm fiddling around with HTML5 database.

In order to make my web service application faster, I would like to "cache" some data in a local database.

This SQLlite thing seems pretty nifty and I wanted to give it a go.

I'm using Ripple and it seems to retain data but then I don't understand where is the database physically stored.

I would like to prebuild a database so that users won't have to wait for the db to update the first time.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Roberto.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha, PlayBook

Re: html5 database: where is it physically stored?

Rather than try to overwrite the ".db" database file on the device, it is far easier to save the CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements to a local file or embed them in a JavasScript file and load them the first time the application is run. Let me know if you need an example.

Packaging a .db WebSQL file with your application would be great, but due to local file access restrictions I don't think such a technqiue would be feasible on BlackBerry devices.  However, if you want to look at where the physical database file is stored on PlayBook, you need to setup Blackberry-Connect. The databases on PlayBook should be in the folder: /accounts/1000/appdata/<appname>/data/database/local_0/

Cheers,

James

My latest PlayBook app Photojam!

Find me on Twitter: GoGibbons
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues

Re: html5 database: where is it physically stored?

Well, that's good enough... I would have liked it better if it had been possible to pack the database ready in the installation but I guess this will do.

Thanks,

Roberto.