Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

innerHTML not working on 9630 device

Running into a strange problem with my Blackberry 9630.

I've created a site that uses .innerHTML to update a div, displaying different status messages. I understand that innerHTML works on Blackberrys with OS >= 4.6.

This all works fine on simulators and devices, except for my 9630. I've put in some alerts for debugging, and there are no errors. Everything runs fine, except after changing the value of .innerHTML, the display does not change and the value of .innerHTML retains its original value.

Has anyone else run into this?

Blackberry 9630 on the Bell Network w/ OS 4.7.1.57

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: innerHTML not working on 9630 device

I can confirm that support for DOM L2 has been included in the Browser application since version 4.6 of the handheld software.  This provides the ability to use methods like innerHTML to change the values of the DOM.

Can you confirm if you have enabled JavaScript in your browser (Options > Browser Configuration > Support JavaScript) ?  Otherwise would you please post a code sample of the DIV element, and JavaScript you have defined?

Finally, check out the following knowledge base article.  You should definitely be able to reproduce this sample using your 9630 (I just tested on a BlackBerry Smartphone simulator running 4.7.1.57):

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800878/852943/How_To_...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.