Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

jQuery/ajax for blackberry 9780?

Hi all - so I'm testing with the 9780 simulator after reading that Blackberry 6's browser is based upon webkit.

My website uses jQuery and its ajax functions. They're not working. The ajax error handler is being called with an XHR status of 0, a ready state of 4, a textStatus of "error" and no thrownError or xhr.responseText or xhr.statusText.

Before I continue banging my head against the wall troubleshooting this - is this even supposed to work?

Thanks,

Carl

New Contributor

Re: jQuery/ajax for blackberry 9780?

Can somone give me a sanity check on this? I thought for sure that a webkit browser (same as in iOS and Android) would be capable of this. Did I miss something here?

Contributor

So you are trying to package a web site as a WebWorks application, is that right? AJAX should work, but you need to make sure you have your server in config.xml. Is it listed there?

New Contributor

Sorry no, I'm not doing anything fancy like that. I have a mobile-optimized web site that I'm simply trying to test with blackberry 6's browser to ensure compatability.