07-18-2011 04:00 PM - edited 07-19-2011 09:47 AM
Hi. I am trying to make a webworks application which uses jQuery. I have successfully run it using Ripple. I am now trying to see if it works in a simulator. The application loads but jquery mobile does not take effect. I have tried using the sample jQuery demo app given here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/tkb/mobilet
To recreate this follow these steps:
- download the jQueryMobile.zip 9 KB (from the bottom of the link above).
- run bbwp to make a cod file like so:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager>bbwp.exe"D:\blackberry\jQueryMobile.zip" /s /o "D:\blackberry\compiles"
- open a bb simulator and click on 'File' menu and select 'Load from Java file/Load sample bb application or theme'.
- navigate to your folder (in this case it is: D:\blackberry\compiles\StandardInstall) and select the .cod file.
- now open the application (should be in menu or in 'downloads' folder)
As you see, the JQuery Mobile framework is not loaded. The exact same happens when I try to load my application. Any ideas???????
07-19-2011 11:07 AM
Forgot to mention that I have tried using all sorts of simulators:
os 5 - 9700 v.469
os 5 - 9700 v.680
os 5 - 9630 v.62
os 6 - 9800 v.22
It did not work on either of them.
07-21-2011 03:50 PM
I packaged and build the app without changes and completely agree that in 5.0 the jquery simply does not work. However I was able to get it working as in ripple with 9800 v 227.
Did you make sure you had the MDS simulator running as well since you need to download the scripts?