Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path> results in "Unable to contact any of the Signing Authorities"

Hi!

I am developing a mobile application using Blackberry webworks and have everything up and running including deploy to device and App world. Uptil now I have only deployed to blackberry smartphones.
Now I am trying to target the Playbook. I guessed I needed to apply for new "Code signing keys" since when I did my application the last time (through https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/?) I did not select the "Tablet OS Code Signing Key" in the "Select a key" dropdown. I have done that and got the files back from you (in 2 mails, one including the .csj file and the other including the three .csi files). Since I got new csi files I guess that I need to rerun the process of "register with the Signing Authority" described in the "Blackberry Code Signing Registration Information" mail. When I do that (run java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path> I first get a warning that the previous registration will be overwritten. I chooose "Continue" (since I guess that is want I want). In the following dialog I input the registration PIN and private key password and hit "Register", after a few seconds I get a message saying "Unable to contact any of the Signing Authorities". 
I have tried this the whole day and always the same result. I have no problem with my internet connection.
What should I do? Is it a temporary problem or am I doing something wrong?

/Jonas

Contributor
My Device: All
My Carrier: All

Re: java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path> results in "Unable to contact any of the Signing Authorities"

Hi,

From last 6 hrs the Blackberry signing sevrer is down, may be thi problem is occure because of that...

check the site...

http://isthesigningserverdown.com/

Thanks and Regards
-----------------------------
Rizwan Khot
Mumbai
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Re: java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path> results in "Unable to contact any of the Signing Authorities"

Thanks Rizwan!
That is probably what is causing this. Thanks for the url. I did not know that the status of the servers could be checked from outside.