Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

javascript history methods not working in widget

I'm using a 9800 (v6.0.0.141, platform  I've also tested this in a 9800 simulator (

I am developing a webapp that will be accessed through a widget.  In the native browser, a button linked to a javascript function of history.go(-1) works fine.  The hardware back button also works.  Both of these have the same behavior as expected.  When I go to the webapp through the widget, the hardware back button works fine, but the javascript button does not.  The button changes colors, as do other links, so I know it was activated.  It just doesn't do anything.  The same thing happens on the physical phone and in the simulator.  All my other javascript is running normally.  Is this function not supported in widgets, or is there another way to accomplish this?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: javascript history methods not working in widget

Hi erbrecht,

We have found that the webkit engine is not surfacing a back navigation event when your javascript is being run.  We are currently looking to see if there is a way to override this functionality to get you the desired result.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
My Device: Not Specified

Re: javascript history methods not working in widget

I am seeing the same problem in the Torch simulator.  I run local xhtml pages in the browser API but my

history.go(-1) and history.back(1) attemps do not send the browser back to the last page.

Any ideas?