Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

loadingScreen acting weird

Hi all,

I tried adding a loadingScreen section in my config.xml for my WebWorks PlayBook app but something weird happens when I fire it up in the Simulator.

First, I see the white Blackberry screen with the 'Please Wait while...' then I see my own loading screen in a split-second flash and then the app starts.

I was expecting for the configured loadingScreen to replace the white BlackBerry screen. Is this not the case? If not then what is the purpose of the loadingScreen? 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook Simulator - latest build as of Feb 18, 2011

Re: loadingScreen acting weird

I also have the same problem.  I see the white blackberry loading screen (which I want to get rid of), then my splash screen for a split second, then the app loads.

Relevant config section:

<rim:loadingScreen backgroundColor="#0000FF" onFirstLaunch="false" onRemotePageLaunch="true" backgroundImage="css/images/parchment-background.jpg">
    <rim:transitionEffect type="fadeIn" direction="left" duration="1000"/>
</rim:loadingScreen>

Please advise.

Best,

Dave

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

First I thought 'onFirstLaunch' needed to be set to true (not the case in your config.xml) but setting it to true for EVERY available option still doesn't get rid of the BlackBerry screen for me....

p.s. I'm the same guy who posted the original. For some reason the FaceBook Connect is broken and won't let me in anymore.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Guys, 

I've had a chat with some RIM folks about this. That is the expected behavior for the current simulator. I think they are going to address it in the next version.

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Great thanks for the update!

Also I noticed, if you accidentally point to a non-existing start HTML file in your config.xml you'll see your launch screen.

Forever.

Smiley Happy

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App