Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

my app works in ripple ,but not in real device :(

i made an application for "fitness" with webwork Development ,

it works very well in Ripple and build ,Signed Successfully.

but BB app world reply me that it shows a blank page so it rejected  , & i shocked when saw it on my friend's real device  didn't work and shows really blank page

i don't know ,

how it works well on ripple and doesn't work on real device !!!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: my app works in ripple ,but not in real device :(

Ripple only provides a rudimentary way to run your app during development. It is just Chrome, and there are many differences between Chrome and the BB10 browser. You'll always need to test frequently with the simulator or (much better) with a real device.

I would start by deploying your app in debug mode to the simulator or (preferably) to a real device. Then connect to the remote web inspector, go to the console and do a location.reload() to re-initialize the app. Examine the console output for errors, and set some breakpoints to see whether your code is flowing as expected.

Also, when asking for advice, please be more specific. There are thousands of reasons why our app may not work. Unless you can narrow it down and explain what your app does and how it does it, we can't be much help. It's like going to the doctor. You can't just say you're sick, you need to tell us the symptoms.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I would add that if if the reported problem is that you are seeing a blank screen, then one of two things are happening:

1) Runtime error - use remote web inspector to troubleshoot what is happening on the device at runtime (environmental problem).

2) Access problem to remote content.  Does your app download any remote URLs?  if so, you'll need to properly whitelist those domains in the config.xml file.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: vodafone

yes it shows blank screen but i don't connect to any remote data , may be the first reason i'll check with google inspector and tell you Thaaaaaanks Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Good luck.  If you get stuck on how to do this, here is the full documentation on how to perform Debugging using Web Inspector

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer
My Device: blackberry dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

Ripple is just a helping simulator kind of extension. Modify the config file/json file, see if something is messed up there.