Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

packaed and launch error: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified:

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am getting this error when trying to run the Maps example on the simulator from ripple:

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified: "/Users/calgacus/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/cnijnnaimeaacneklcndcafbnkeicckh/0.9.16_0/services/node/node_modules/rbd/Packaged/Maps.zip"

The .../rbd/Packaged folder is writable and the Maps.zip get created in the ~/RippleSites/Maps/Packaged folder.  Using Mac, latest versions of everything.  The app runs in Ripple ok, but i can't launch it on the BB10 sim.

Anyone else have this error and know why?

PS  the Maps.zip does not get created (or  copied) into specified folder of course, but why?

PS Tries another app and it worked but is too did not put its zip file into the ...rbd/Packaged folder.  I guess it doesn't have to but that leaves me clueless as to whats wrong with Maps.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: packaed and launch error: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified:

Can you post what you've got for the various fields in the Ripple Settings?

And what is the output on the ripple build services window?

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer

Re: packaed and launch error: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified:

Hi,

Thanks for asking:

SDK                  /Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11

Proj Root:         /Users/myusername/RippleSites/Maps

Archive name:  Maps

Output folder:   Packaged

Target: Simulator

D IP: 192.168.104.129

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified: "/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/cnijnnaimeaacneklcndcafbnkeicckh/0.9.16_0/services/node/node_modules/rbd/Packaged/Maps.zip"

Developer

or did you mean the output from the terminal?

out: [BUILD]   Populating application source

out: [ERROR]   An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified: "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/cnijnnaimeaacneklcndcafbnkeicckh/0.9.16_0/services/node/node_modules/rbd/Packaged/Maps.zip"

Done build
error response - {"code":1,"msg":"[ERROR]   An archive or directory does not exist at the path specified: \"/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/cnijnnaimeaacneklcndcafbnkeicckh/0.9.16_0/services/node/node_modules/rbd/Packaged/Maps.zip\"\n","data":null}
2013-05-14 09:22:11 GET /ripple/build_status/7698 200

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Can you try giving it an output location outside of the extension directory? Like on your desktop or in your documents folder? I'm not sure it has permissions for that location.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Highlighted
Developer

Both Packaged directories (in the extensions dir and the Maps project dir) have permissions set to 777.

But you gave me an idea ...

Turns out simply putting

"Packaged"

in the Output setting was not enough, I needed the full path

eg:   "/Users/username/RippleSites/Maps/Packaged"

and presto now it works!

Thanks!