Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, PB 64GB, Z10&X10 (soon)
My Carrier: o2 Germany
Accepted Solution

packaging via ripple works ok, but no launch

Hi there,

Just started playing around with WebWorks today (PB OS). Tried to run my first own HelloWorld app.

Packaging via Ripple works fine, I'm seeing the .bar file. But when trying to launch to my (physical) PlayBook, the package & launch batch stops. No error message is displayed, but when looking at the command window, it looks like it messes up the name of the path where the .bar file is located. Have a look at this screenshot:

For some reason, Ripple seems to add the word "undefined" between the path and the .bar filename in the deploy batch call. I have double checked in the Ripple package settings that there are no weird characters at the end of the output path I indicated. Also, the very same path does work in the call when the ZIP file is automatically created (7th line from the top in above screenshot).

Any ideas?

(I am aware that I could go ahead and run the install/launch process manually from the command line prompt, but that will probably become tiresome during actual app development. Being able to use Ripple would be so much more convenient...)

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: dev Alpha 10
My Carrier: avea

Re: packaging via ripple works ok, but no launch

Hi,

Some problem to me, firstly delete old bar file from output directory and re-packing & singing. After,

You install CommandLine-tools for Android Runtime SDK and run blackberry-deploy command with installApp parameter.

blackberry-deploy -installApp -device %your_device_ip% -password %your_device_pass% %your_output_dir%\%your_app_bar_file%
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Ripple didn't seem to work for me, ever. So, I use command line tools. 

Trusted Contributor

You can 

1. Create a zip using Ripple

2. Sign and deploy it manually.

Trusted Contributor

Or, you can use the Blackberry Graphical Aid to sign and deploy. It's proved very useful.