Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

playbook blackberry.ui.menu

Does anyone know of specific plans for javascript to have access to the blackberry.ui.menu on the playbook?

I think it would help the user experience if UI consistency for webworks apps (e.g. from the torch) being ported to playbook to all have a consistent swipe down menu rather than a collection of strange interfaces which all behave slightly differently.

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: playbook blackberry.ui.menu

:: personal thoughts ::

I would suggest you go ahead and design your own menu system for a playbook application. CSS3 and HTML5 make it much easier than it used to be in web dev. Besides, is there a menu button on the Playbook that you could leverage? I don't know the answer to that, but from the simulator I'm guessing no.

I understand the UI consistancy stance. I'm in the same boat. I would like for RIM to provide a style sheet for their dialogs and other elements so that we can create our own custom dialogs that look exactly like part of the OS. Hasn't happened though...Adam Stanley noted yesterday that it was probably a low priority in the last Webcast for the playbook.