Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: bold 8900
My Carrier: ufone

please help

hi all

I am aamir, i m new to this BB world, i have a task to make a web page so that it can run on all BB models and also on other handsets.. but i am bit confused about creating a web page using webwork or other web languages.. please guide me about this.. i am actually creating a web based application for trading. kindly help what is suitable for me ..

thanks a lot for your time .. waiting for some sincere suggestions. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: please help

hello,

I tell you that with blackberry webwork you can develop an application as if it designed a page Web, using Javascript and css, this would work in all the Blackberry devices.

There is framework, like for example phonegap that can help to develop the application you for several devices, in my case I prefer to only use webwork for Blackberry

Contributor

thanx a lot chicoxml...

actually i cant use webwork. because i have to run the same website on all smartphones .  thats why i have to make it in JSP. please help me in this regard my javascript stops after some time .. and there is focus and select issues in textboxes in BB.

thanks Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Comcel

Hello akhanmir,

found this on google, it may help you deciding the right tool for the task:

http://www.queness.com/post/6706/9-mobile-framework-to-kick-start-your-mobile-development-career

http://interfacethis.com/2011/adventures-in-html5-part-one/

Remember that one do-it-all mobile website for every phone model and OS/browser version can be a difficult objective and time consuming. Try to define clearly the requirements, like javascript support, html version, screen sizes, and most important (smartphone os and models). You should make at least 2 versions of the same website, one for newer html5 capable phones (and in your "supported" phones list) and other simpler html+javascript for older phones.

Contributor

thanx for the suggestions ..

but my problem is still the sam i want textbox to take focus and select the preexisting text in it.. 

blackberry 8900 and 9300 are not having focus on single click . please help in this matter Smiley Sad

Contributor

i find the solution will shortly update it Smiley Happy thanx all Smiley Happy