Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

several pushed messages recieved creates loss of interactivity with Widget

If I push several items to my widget at once, I lose functionality. I can have my combobox selected and a click will do nothing. If I close my widget and then restart, everything functions as expected. I've tried giving it time (might be processing the incoming data), but after several minutes I can still not interact with anything (buttons, selects, etc...).

Any idea? I'm going to move my push catching code to a workerpool eventually, but right now I can't run anything using Gears in my widget simulators (yet another issue).

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: several pushed messages recieved creates loss of interactivity with Widget

I think I've found the issue for the loss of interaction.

Whenever I perform any type of writing to the DOM  (innerHTML) I lose focus from my Select/combobox and can never get back to that element.

My select is the only element on the page that has x-blackberry-focusable="true" , and is the only focusable element on the page (no a hrefs, etc...).

Does it make sense that after any DOM manipulation I would have to call blackberry.focus.setFocus(mySelect)?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: several pushed messages recieved creates loss of interactivity with Widget

I know that after any DOM manipulation event the focus navigation re-indexes based on what the HTML now looks like.  I'm not sure if it will retain what the currently focused item was before the DOM manipulation.

I can ask the development team, but for now you may have to call setFocus() after your DOM manipulation.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter