Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: No Device
My Carrier: No Provider

unalbe to sign App with after adding BB ads

I am trying to add BB ads to my webworks App. but after adding all tags mentioned in developer Guide when i am trying to sign my App. it's showing Error  : "manifest.json not found in ...\blackberry 10 webworks SDK\Framework\ext\blackberry.advertising".  I don't have any idea how to solve this. anyone can help?

Sandeep Sharma
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: unalbe to sign App with after adding BB ads

[ Edited ]

edit: see Adam's answer

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

The blackberry.advertising API is supported by the BlackBerry OS version of the WebWorks SDK (Java).

It is not supported by BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK.  For BlackBerry 10, I would recommend looking at this sample which uses the Mocean Ad Request API :

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

I can confirm that the Mocean stuff works but would like to add to this thread as there appear to be issues

@Anzor (you wrote it with Erik as I remember - it was months ago and no way to trace who did what)

What happened to your Ad API - vanished from GitHub...

I remember that the API REQUIRED device and location plus a few other metrics

I also remember that impression rates were extremely low (hopefully fixed)

As I say, all from memory > 6 months ago

Now, when you sign up for MOcean you get all the keys but they never appear to result in any ads

I am talking, specifically from the test - unpaid - ad point of view to see how it looks on a deliverable

The other major issue is that XXL is WAY too small - yes I get the BB demo ad but on a DA-C you need a magnifying glass to read it

I want something leaderboard-sized I can sensibly use as part of a B4BB

If you look at the Cascases example screenshot you will see just how ineffective ad spaces are

I quite realise that B4BB requires no leading the client into unrequired purchases but some apps do need the ad support - this is an area made unclear by B4BB

Baiting is to my mind popping up an ad every 5 seconds and insisting you do it as opposed to a leaderboard that allows a in-app purchase to remove

Confused with the current compo

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!