Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

website not seen at all in blackberry, ok in PC

hello!

a customer wants her website to be vieweable in blackberrys but is flash (8),, and she are sure that flash works fine in blackberrys, can you let me know how i can archieve this??

the website is focusonwomen.es or  focusonwomen.eu

thanks

Erik Meisel

TechDEV

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: website not seen at all in blackberry, ok in PC

Hi Erik,

The BlackBerry browser does not yet support Flash. 

RIM and Adobe announced a partnership in October 2009 that began an initiative to add support for Flash Player 10.1 to a future version of the BlackBerry Device software.

However, at this point in time there is no Flash support.  I'd recommend including a logic check in you page that detects what browser is being used to display the page, and provide alternative content to users that do not have Flash support.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Flash support via Blackberry OS upgrade

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000.  Will RIM be making an OS upgrade available for my device that will allow me to run Adobe Flash Player 10.1 as a browser plug-in on my current device when that becomes available? 

If yes, do you have an estimated time for its availability?

I want to be sure those of us with current, existing devices will not require a hardware refresh to play Flash content.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bryan