04-20-2011 12:04 PM
Thanks in advance,
Can anyone please answer my queries.
* is sql lite in webworks local persistance for playbook & smart phones
* How can i access the sqlite db thru command prompt (or any other way) in Playbook and smart phone
* wht would be the difference html4 web database and sqlite in web works?
Please answer my questions , i am looking forward your reply.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-20-2011 04:26 PM
2) Use Web Inspector! I have a blog post coming out about this soon, however until then this is how you leverage this feature (PlayBook only):
a) Use the -d command line argument when building your app using bbwp.exe
b) Enable development mode, and deploy your app to the simulator/tablet as per usual
c) Launch your WebWorks app
d) From a desktop browser, load the IP address of your tablet/sim followed by port 1337 (e.g. "192.168.1.7:1337") in the address bar
e) Voila - Web Inspector processing content from a live PlayBook tablet.
3) Do you mean HTML5 Web DB? If so they are one in the same. The Web DB interface uses SQLite as its internal storage mechanism.
What type of app are you planning on building?
04-20-2011 05:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. Actually i am planning to create app for HRM of my company. which will use persistent storage,
Maps etc.. i am wondering does playbook supports Geo location?
04-26-2011 12:58 PM
I have tried based on your instructions , i could see Playbook application in the desktop brower by hitting the url <playbook ip address>:1337. After clicking the application it went to inspector tool . But i couldnt able to see the database in the web inspector basically database is disabled. if i run the same application as web app , i could see the db and can see datas in it.
Please advice ..