Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

when I tried to run the weather app found in the examples of WebWorks-Samples-master, I got the following error

when I tried to run the weather app found in the  examples of   WebWorks-Samples-master, I got the following error

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Feature cannot be found in any extension(blackberry.ui.Spinner)

I want o know what is the reason and How to avoid and run the "weather" App 

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: when I tried to run the weather app found in the examples of WebWorks-Samples-master, I got the following error

It means that the "blackberry.ui.Spinner"  extension and folder is missing in your Blackberry Webworks SDK  \ext\ folder. I don't believe it comes installed automatically - you'll have to copy/paste it into that folder yourself.

Highlighted
Developer

Re: when I tried to run the weather app found in the examples of WebWorks-Samples-master, I got the following error

After following the below procedure

How To Configure The Extension For Use

1. Locate your BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphone extensions directory using your File Explorer. Default path is C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager\ext

2. Create a new blackberry.ui.Spinner directory in the ext directory

3. Download the source from this repository and unzip it to a location on your computer

4. Using File Explorer browse to this extension's downloaded source code Smartphone\SpinnerControl

5. Copy the library.xml file from the downloaded Smartphone\SpinnerControl directory to your new ext\blackberry.ui.Spinner directory

6. Copy the downloaded Smartphone\SpinnerControl\src\blackberry directory to your new ext\blackberry.ui.Spinner\blackberry directory

when I  try to package Iam getting the following error

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] RAPC exception occurred

when I    follow this

How to Build

To build this sample application:

1. Click on the Downloads button at the top right of this screen.
    2. Select Download.zip and save the downloaded file to your local machine.
    3. Create a new folder on your local machine named weather (e.g. c:\webworks\weather).
    4. Open the downloaded ZIP file from step 2 and extract the contents from inside the top level folder to your new weather folder. This ensures that the necessary application assets, such as config.xml, are correctly located at the top level of the weather folder (e.g. c:\webworks\weather\config.xml).
    5. Using an achiving utility (e.g. WinZip or 7-zip), package the contents of your c:\webworks\weather folder into a ZIP archive named weather.zip. This archive should have the application assets (not a folder containing the application assets) at its top level.
    6. Using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphones, package the weather.zip archive into a BlackBerry Tablet OS application using the following command line: bbwp c:\webworks\weather\weather.zip

in the comand prompt iam getting the following error

C:\>bbwp C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Weather.zip
    [INFO] Parsing command line options
    [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
    [INFO] Validating application archive
    [ERROR] Invalid application archive - failed to find config.xml

Developer

Hi  lex_ talionisNow the  extension of spinner error is gone and RAPC Exception ccured Error started  again.

Please guide me so that I publish this App soon.