Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: 10

white screen in blackberry widget application.

I am new in blackberry application developement . i have a job to develop the application in the blackberry widget application with help of javascript and html. i am geting the problem of white screen in my application.

While i am running my application at that time it is working so fine, but when i am redirect to the other screen of my application at that time i am getting white screen for 2 to 3 secound and i am very upset about it.

so please help me if any one knows about it i have to change the color of the screen as black.

My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: white screen in blackberry widget application.

The best way to handle this would be to define a loading screen page for the transition

You can make it any colour you like and include a message that way

Putting one of those little spinning animated gifs and a please wait message on a page is all that's really needed

In the Eclipse config.xml editor you'll notice there's an entry for loading screen - just put a small HTML page in that placeholder and the problem will go away

You won't see the effect in the Playbook simulator at the time of writing but we're told it works properly on a real device

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!