Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: china mobile

why bb10 do not provide ide for html/js development base on eclipse like Titanium-studio

[ Edited ]

http://www.appcelerator.com/platform/titanium-studio

Base on Eclipse, but every easy to install, let the developer focus on the developement of app immediatly

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: why bb10 do not provide ide fro html/js development base on eclipse like Titanium-studio

Yes, that would be great to have. A real all-in-one IDE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: why bb10 do not provide ide for HTML/js development base on eclipse like Titanium-studio

There are many, many great established IDE's out there to choose from already.  I'm not sure if you're looking for one necessarily, or just curious as to why there isn't a BB10 specific one?

A couple that I really like to use are:

Aptana Studio - http://www.aptana.com/

Sublime Text 2 - http://www.sublimetext.com/

-Chad

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: why bb10 do not provide ide for HTML/js development base on eclipse like Titanium-studio

I agree with Chad. there are many solutions out there. It's best to focus on APIs and let developers choose the environment which works best for them.

I personaly recommend WebStorm as it's the most feature complete and efficient IDE I've ever used for HTML5 development.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I used notepad++ and chrome (and ripple if necessary). Nothing fancy keep it low tech, low lag =)

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

I'm also scripting on Notepad++, testing in Chrome+Ripple and deploying to Dev Alpha using ant script. No IDE needed so for.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.