Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: airtel

why my web app closes at its own with out even throwing any error?

I have developed a website using html,js,css &jquery and is working quite nicely when checked on p.c.

Now as i'm here that meas i'm intersted in Blackberry.

I spent few days configuring my pc and happy to say that i did it sucessfully but when i installed the compiled app to the real device it gets launched properly. In other words index.html loads perfectly. But as soon as i try to navigate to other pages they load for a fraction of second and then closes itself without even giving any error message.

Let me describe my app's architecture (which is quite staright forward):

I have a main page called index.html, which i have put locally within my app(this loads well ).

On main page, i have a list view having 6 buttons and each view upon click navigate user to a web link.

Pretty simple.

When tested on Ripple everthing seems ok (I just hate this Ripple thing as its not able to emulate fully).

As soon as i tried it on BB simulators and real device i start facing the issue that i just mentioned above.

Hope i'm clear to you guys, so any kinda help will highly be appreciated.

Let me know if any one need more clearence.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: why my web app closes at its own with out even throwing any error?

Any javascript errors in Ripple (see its console)? Have you tried the web inspector to see console output?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like i said on ripple its working fine. But when tried on real device and simulators it starts getting self close issue.

If you don't mind could you tell me what error should i expect if there is any issue with access tag?

I mean i'm accessing the external links on every list view click.

Here is my config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
version="1.0.4.1" id="myid">

<name>abc</name>
<author>xyz</author>
<access uri="*">
</access>
<icon src="image/icon.png"/>
<content src="index.html" />

<rim:connection timeout="30000" >
<id>MDS</id>
<id>BIS-B</id>
<id>TCP_WIFI</id>
<id>TCP_CELLULAR</id>
<id>WAP2</id>
<id>WAP</id>
</rim:connection>
<rimSmiley Surprisedrientation mode="auto"/>
</widget>

I think this issue is BB specific, Bcoz when i browse this as a normal website on bb browser, p.c browser (g.c, f.f ie e.t.c) its works well, But when get compiled using web works that beast start raising its head..

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I was referring to runtime errors that would show up in the console when in Ripple (or other browser like FireFox). Just trying to eliminate any JS errors that might be occurring.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there, you mention that the app is crashing after you click the button to load another page; can you please share the full source for the button click? Will give us a chance to take a look and see if anything stands out.

Basically, the code that should run from click to launch. jtegen also has a good point to connect Web Inspector to the physical device and monitor for any errors thrown prior to the crash.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The previous post is appearing empty; just wanted to double-check, did you have more information you wanted to share / questions to ask?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.